1. How to Register on UDIN Portal?
To register on UDIN, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Click “Member Registration” or click at “For first time sign up, click here”
Step 2: Registration window will be opened. After entering Six-digits Membership No., Date of Birth and Year of Enrolment please click “Send OTP”. An OTP will be sent to the registered Mobile and Email of the Member.
Step 3: On confirmation of OTP as received, a Username and Password will be sent to the registered Email and Mobile No.
2. Does a member have to register on UDIN Portal for generating UDIN?
For generating UDIN, a member has to register on UDIN Portal for the first time compulsorily. Thereafter, he can just login and generate UDIN. Members who have already registered on UDIN Portal under recommendatory stage are not required to register again after UDIN being mandatory.
3. How to generate a Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN)?
Step 1: Go to udin.icai.org, login by entering Username and Password.
Step 2: Click “Generate UDIN” from the menu bar.
Please Select Document type from the drop down menu.
Enter Date of Signing Document i.e. the date of signing/ certifying the document.
Then Enter 2 Financial Figures i.e. any Financial Figures from the document such as Turnover/Net Worth etc.
Then Enter the Description of the Figure i.e. Turnover/ Net Worth etc. to be filled in 10 to 50 characters.
Two Financial Figures are mandatory out of 3 (three) given fields. In case, there is no Financial Figure in the Certificate, Zero (0) is to be mentioned in Financial Figure and in its Particulars mention “There is no Financial Figure in Certificate”.
Then please Select Document Description and enter the description/ details about the Certificate in 15 to 50 characters.
Then Click the button “Send OTP”.
After this an OTP will be received on Registered Mobile and Email of the Member.
Then Enter OTP as received and click “Preview”. In Preview details entered for generating the UDIN will be displayed. If there is any change/error in the content, click “Back” button, or else, click “Submit”.
Thereafter, 18 Digit UDIN will be generated and that UDIN can be used for mentioning on the Certificate for which it has been generated either by printing (watermarked) the same or by handwritten or printed. If it is being handwritten or printed, it can be mentioned after Signatures and Membership Number of the Member.
4. Is it advisable to change the password after first login?
The password generated by the system is encrypted to ensure the appropriate safety. However, interested Members may change the password at any time through “Change Password” button.
5. How to change the Password?
Click “Change Password”.
Enter the current Password.
Enter new password, then click send OTP. An OTP will be sent on registered mobile and email.
On confirmation of the OTP as received, an Username and Password will be sent to the registered email and Mobile No.
6. What to do in case I forget the password?
Step 1: Go to https://udin.icai.org.
Step 2: Click “Forgot Password”.
Step 3: “Forgot Password” form will be opened, enter six-digit Membership No., Date of Birth and Year of Enrolment and click “Send OTP”. An OTP will be sent on registered mobile and email.
Step 4: Enter the OTP as received and click “Continue”.
On confirmation OTP as received, a Username and password will be sent to the registered email and Mobile No
7. What is required to generate UDIN?
For generating UDIN, the Document type is to be selected. Thereafter, date of signing the document is to be mentioned. There are 3 fields for entering the financial figures / values from the document and the description of the figure/ value so entered. Out of these, 2 fields are mandatory. In case, there is no financial figure / value available in the document, 0 (zero) is to be mentioned and in description it should be clarified that no financial figure / value is available.
No details of the Client is to be mentioned anywhere on UDIN Portal.
8. What is meant by “Date of signing Document”?
The date on which the Document is signed/ certified by the member is to be mentioned under this head.
9. What is meant by “Document Description”?
“Document Description” is the details of the document for which the UDIN is being generated and is to be filled between 15 to 50 characters.
10. What are the Financial Figures and Particulars required to be mentioned for generating UDIN?
Any Financial Figure and its particular from the document such as Turnover, Net worth etc. for which UDIN is being generated is to be mentioned under Financial Figures and Particulars. The particular is to be filled between 10 to 50 characters.
Two Financial Figures are mandatory out of three fields. In case, there is no financial figure in the certificate being certified, 0 is to be mentioned in Financial Figure and in its particular please mention “There is no Financial Figure in Certificate”.
11. How UDIN can be edited?
UDIN once generated cannot be edited. A preview option is available after entering all details for generating UDIN for verifying its correctness before Generation.
12. What if the wrong UDIN is generated or if a UDIN needs to be revoked? If yes, is there any time limit for revocation the certificates?
In such case(s), UDIN can be revoked by mentioning the reason. Further, there is no time limit for allowing revocation.
13. How UDIN generated earlier by me can be tracked? Can it be sorted assignment-wise for our records?
Yes, UDIN generated by the members can be tracked through “Search” from your UDIN account
14. How to Revoke UDIN?
The UDIN once generated can be revoked or cancelled with narration. If any user had searched that UDIN before revocation, an alert message will go to him about revocation of the UDIN. After revocation of the UDIN, anybody searches for that UDIN, appropriate narration indicated by Member with the date of revocation will be displayed for that revoked UDIN.
15. What happens if the information is not accepted or the password is not sent?
It will happen only when the credentials do not match with the member’s profile as per SSP database of ICAI. In such cases, the query may be lodged at UDIN portal.
16. How to Change/update /verify the mobile no. or email id in ICAI database.
To change / update the email and mobile number, pl visit https://cdn3.digialm.com//per/g21/pub/1666/SelfServices/templates/Login%20Folder21052019122446/Login%20Folder/ICAI%20Phase%20II%20Login%20Page521052019122546.html
1. Sometimes there are multiple reports in one Assignment. Is separate UDIN is to be generated for all such reports?
No. UDIN is to be generated for Assignment wise and same UDIN is to be used in all documents signed under that assignment. Say for Example while signing the various certificates while doing Bank Audit, same UDIN can be used for all certificates to be signed for that particular Bank Audit Assignment.
2. How many UDINs can be generated by a CA? Is there any limit? Or is there any restriction on the number of UDIN to be generated in a Day/ Month/ Year?
There is no limit on generation of UDIN and there is no restriction on the number of UDIN to be generated.
3. Is UDIN required to be mentioned on every page of the Document or it can be mentioned at the last?
UDIN shall be mentioned after every Signature and Membership Number of the Member.
4. Whether fresh registration is required for every financial year?
There is no need for fresh registration for every financial year.
5. Whether one UDIN can be used for multiple certificates generated on same day?
No, separate UDIN is required for each assignment and is to be used for all documents issued under that assignment.
6. Can multiple certificate details be uploaded on UDIN portal in excel or any other format?
There is no provision of such uploading. It has to be generated one by one.
7. Should existing digital signature be revised or changed due to UDIN insertion?
UDIN has no connection with Member’s Digital Signature and therefore no changes are required in Digital Signature.
8. Is it possible to generate UDIN before issuing the certificate?
There is no option to generate UDIN in advance. However there is option given to generate UDIN within 15 days of signing of the certificate.
9. What is the validity of UDIN generated?
Generated UDIN has no expiry unless revoked.
10. What is the consequence of not generating UDIN which are made mandatory by ICAI in respective phases?
UDIN generation has been made mandatory as per the Council Decision hence not generating UDIN for mandatory documents will amount to non-adherence of the Council Decision and may attract disciplinary proceedings as per the Second Schedule Part II of The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949.